+ Opel Astra and Zafira Cars
+ Operation manual
+ Routine maintenance
+ Systems of cooling, heating
+ Power supply system and release
- Engine electric equipment
- Electronic control system of ignition (and injection) petrol engines
Checks of serviceability of functioning of system of ignition
Diagnostics of malfunctions - the general information and preliminary checks
System of onboard self-diagnostics of OBD - the general information
Oscillograph application for supervision of workers of a control system
Removal and installation of the module of ignition
Check and installation of a corner of an advancing of ignition
Removal and installation of the switch of ignition
Removal and installation of the sensor of emergency pressure of oil
Removal and installation of the sensor of level of impellent oil
Removal and installation of the sensor of temperature of impellent oil (diesel models)
+ Systems of preheat and heating of fuel of the diesel engine
+ charge and start Systems
+ Manual transmission
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
+ Brake system
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Diagnostics of malfunctions - the general information and preliminary checks
The system of ignition of the petrol engine is integrated with system of injection of fuel and copes the uniform block of electronic control of ECM (see. Head of the Power supply system and release).
The system of ignition and fuel system have the general diagnostic system intended for identification of violations, preservations of codes of malfunctions and search of causes of failures. At malfunction emergence the module of management writes down in memory of the processor.
The reason of failures in operation of the engine, it is possible to localize by the data read-out, being stored in memory of the block of self-diagnostics of ECM more often. After refusal will be identified, it is possible to pass to performance of checks of a condition and serviceability of functioning of the corresponding knots and components. Remember that it is not enough visual check of a condition of electroconducting and its contact sockets, - surely consider information which is storing in memory of the module of management.
If malfunction arose soon after service of any knot, first of all, carefully check the corresponding element. Probably, the reason is covered in negligence of installation of a component or connection to it the contact socket of electroconducting.
- At investigation of the reasons of falling of capacity developed by the engine in addition to the checks listed below check also kompressionny pressure in cylinders (see. Head Engine). The probability is not excluded that with the reason of decrease in efficiency of return of the power unit is covered in the negligent relation to performance of such procedures of regular service of the car, as replacement of the fuel filter or a filtering element of an air purifier (see. Heads Routine maintenance, Engine and Power supply systems and release).
- Remember that after reading of codes of malfunctions memory of the module should be cleared. Cleaning of memory is made by means of the same device which is used when reading codes (see. System of onboard self-diagnostics of OBD - the general information).
- Open a cowl and check reliability of fixing of tips of wires on polar plugs of the storage battery. Make sure of lack of signs of oxidation of plugs, in case of need make their cleaning (see. Head Routine maintenance). Check reliability of fixing of terminal connections of tires of grounding and quality of electric contact in them, - an interfaced surface should be absolutely pure and free from oxidation products.
- Attentively examine all visible conducting laid in an impellent compartment, check reliability of all electric connections, - pay attention to obvious signs of damage. In case of identification of cracks, cuts, attritions of isolation make replacement of defective units. Break of a wire can result from negligent installation of any knot, - the wire can melt at contact to elements of system of release. The most probable cause of damage of conducting is violation of correctness of its laying in an impellent compartment after performance of procedures of repair or service of any knot.
- Conducting can be damaged or short-circuited even in absence of obvious damages of isolation, thus external survey will not give results. This sort of damages can arise after a pulling of wires or the wrong placement of plaits in an impellent compartment.
- The damaged conducting can be restored by a vpaivaniye in a rupture of a piece of the new conductor, - the soldering is the necessary condition giving a guarantee obtaining of reliability of contact. Repair of the damaged isolation usually carry out by means of insulating tape enough, or a piece of a thermoshrinkable tube. If damages are considerable, or the damaged wire plays an essential role, the most correct (though) the decision replacement of the corresponding plait will be rather expensive.
- After restoration of the damaged electroconducting track correctness of laying it in an impellent compartment, - plaits should not concern warmed-up surfaces of the power unit. Do not forget to fix a wire in all provided intermediate clamps.
- Check a condition and reliability of fixing of all available contact sockets. All clamps should be established. At identification on an internal surface of the socket of products of oxidation (white or green deposits, and also traces of corrosion of metal) or signs of excessive pollution, disconnect it from the corresponding plug and carefully smooth out, it is desirable with application any of special cleaners, - ask in shops of automobile accessories. Seriously damaged sockets are subject to replacement, - sometimes in a set with a plait of the electroconducting brought to it.
- Having removed all traces of oxidation and dirt, fill the socket with preserving greasing (consult in a car-care center workshop) and establish on a place, - track reliability of fixing of the socket.
- The inductive sensor of position of the CKP crankshaft, delivering ECM enters into a standard complete set of all models information on frequency of rotation of the engine and position VMT of the piston of the first cylinder. Pollution of a sensitive head of the sensor by oil or a dust can lead to emergence of admissions of ignition. The description of procedures of removal and CKP sensor installation see in Head of the Power supply system and release.
- Attentively study a condition of all vacuum lines laid in an impellent compartment. Check reliability of a tightening of fixing collars, make sure of lack of cracks, stratifications and other damages of hoses. Examine hoses on existence of signs of violation of passableness (twisting, squeezing, a peregibaniye, etc.). Special attention give to the hoses laid near keen edges, and also a condition tense on unions to sites. The damaged hoses подле6жат to replacement.
- Check a condition of hoses of system of ventilation of a case (PCV). Make sure of lack of signs of violation of passableness. Quantity of hoses and a place of their installation of system can vary depending on car model, however at any execution of model there is a hose connecting the top part of the engine to a sleeve of an air inlet or the inlet pipeline. PCV hoses usually connect to the inlet pipeline also the block of cylinders (or a maslozalivny mouth) and serve for transportation of karterny gases and oil evaporations in combustion chambers. Blocking of passableness of these hoses usually brings to violation of stability of functioning of the engine, especially on single turns.
- Moving lengthways топливопроводов from a fuel tank to the fuel highway, attentively study a condition of lines of a path of a power supply system and their shtutserny sockets. At identification of signs of damage or deformations replace defective section. It is necessary to give special attention to a condition of places of a joint of lines where the cracks leading to development of leakages of fuel more often are formed.
- Check correctness of laying and adjustment of a cable of gas (see. Head of the Power supply system and release). The cable should not be bent strongly. In the presence of suspicions on violation of serviceability of functioning of hummock assembly make its replacement (see in the same place).
- Uncover cases of an air purifier and check a condition of a filtering element (see. Head Routine maintenance), in case of need blow, or replace the polluted filter as increase of resistance of its passableness can lead to appreciable decrease in capacity developed by the engine.
- Start the engine and leave it working at single turns.
At performance of any works in an impellent compartment at the working engine observe extreme care. Try not to touch the warmed-up surfaces of the power unit and such moving components, as driving belts and a krylchatka of the fan. Try to observe strictly all necessary precautionary measures and safety regulations.
- Moving from an air inlet to an air purifier and further to the throttle case, be convinced of lack of signs of development of leaks in an inlet air path (including vacuum hoses). Leaks can be revealed on characteristic whistle, - for a dense forest of reliability moisten a suspected site with solution of soap water. If the hose is damaged, kind of work of the engine will change, and on the processed surface of a hose there will be bubbles (or, depending on pressure in a hose, water can start to be soaked up inside). At detection of leak tighten the corresponding collar, or replace the damaged hose.
- Tire out the car on a platform / a viewing hole (or поддомкратьте it and establish on props) and attentively study a condition of components of system of production of the fulfilled gases from a final collector to a cut of back section. Sources of leakages of the fulfilled gases most simply come to light on emergence of characteristic whistle at a blockage of a final opening of system, - tighten the corresponding fixture, or replace the burned-through section.
- Further check consists in serial moving of each socket on the corresponding plug at the working engine. Unreliability of electric contact will be shown on change of kind of work of the engine. Make necessary corrections, replace the failed components, - some sockets change complete with the plaits of electroconducting brought to them.
If during the listed preliminary checks to establish the reason of taking place violation it is not possible, the car should be driven away on car repair shop for the purpose of carrying out complete diagnostics of a control system with use of the special equipment.